Kennedy as a newborn resting
When Kennedy was admitted to the hospital, we had no idea the danger she was in. One water bead was taking her life away. Ashley from That Water Bead Lady spent time to find me in the real world and called me. I can't describe how I felt when I realized I was now in contact with someone who knew everything there was to know about water beads. Ashley and her website gave Kennedy's doctors information they didn’t have and helped form the path of healing and recovery. Kennedy was an extremely healthy baby before this. It is horrifying that this product has sat on the shelves for so long, causing harm to children. We have a long road ahead, and Ashley has not left our side, and all the knowledge I now have of water beads is directly because of her and the time she’s taken to put this site together for other families. I can't thank her enough, and she will be a friend for life.
The slime Oliver ingested
My family and I came across Ashley (that water bead lady) in November of 2021 when my 2 year old autistic son Oliver ingested an unknown amount of sand slime bought at a local Dollar General. It was very frustrating and scary having a sick child and not knowing the ingredients of the product.
The only advice I could get from the pediatricians was to call poison control, however poison control couldn’t find any information on the specific product my son ingested and told me to contact the manufacturer who was in china. I was sent on a wild goose chase trying to find any helpful information as to why my son was so sick from a children’s toy. (Vomiting, white diarrhea, no appetite, lethargy)
The manufacturer was less than helpful and ended up taking weeks to get the information needed from them. The packaging had no warnings except to “wash hands” after handling. Days went on and my son was not getting better, I was continuously dismissed by my son’s provider and even poison control.
That’s when Ashley stepped in, she was able to get me in direct contact with my region’s Pediatric Environmental Health Specialty Unit (PEHSU) Director who contacted my son’s doctor, from there we had X-rays done and blood work which showed a bowel blockage caused by the sand slime along with abnormal blood work. The PEHSU got me in contact with a board certified physician who actually had training in occupational / environmental medicine and medical toxicology.
They were able to go over the product safety sheets with me, and we went through each ingredient one by one to help me understand what was in the product and what it meant for my son.
We were then able to get the necessary treatment to help Oliver. Because of Ashley and the knowledge she provided, I was able to effectively advocate for my son and save his life.
Ashley (demi_the_vlog_dog, on Tik Tok)
That Water Bead Lady
Copyright © 2022 That Water Bead Lady - 501c3 nonprofit organization EIN 92-0354064 public charity All Rights Reserved. Royalty-free image via Adobe Stock. Legal disclaimer: Media posted on our social media channels and/or our website is intended for a general overview and discussion of the subjects dealt with. if in an emergency situation seek help from qualified medical professionals. We disclaim all liability in respect to actions taken or not taken based on any or all the contents of this site to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Powered by GoDaddy